Tuesday, September 30, 2008

'awakening mocha espresso,' or, why its best to avoid the drink & shop

I went to Duane Reade this evening with the intention of buying one of my typical utilitarian bottles of cheap shampoo. You know, something along the lines of Suave or Johnson's Baby Shampoo. With a 'do like mine, after all, there's really no need for the fancy stuff. In fact I not infrequently end up just using bar soap.

But what did I end up with tonight? Some ridiculous concoction called "Awakening Mocha Espresso Shampoo." And why, you might ask? Because it smelled good. This is what happens when you set me loose in a drug store after a margarita or two.

It was only when I got home and bothered to read the not-so-fine print on the back of this undersized (and overpriced) bottle that I fully realized perhaps this was not the way to go.

"Create rich sable tones with this exclusive blend of espresso bean extracts and cocoa bean oils for full-bodied, multi-dimensional color, along with sheer silk proteins to add a glowing luminescent shine."

No comments: