Wednesday, June 26, 2013

cutlery

I dreamt last night that I was getting married. I was trying to keep it as low-budget as possible so was getting married in a church (which in and of itself is really weird) and having the reception in the church basement, using the church kitchen's supplies. I was really upset because not all of the cutlery matched, and I was trying to set a table with the mismatched stuff for the immediate family so that all the guests wouldn't notice this embarrassment. And then I woke up, very upset and angry about knives and forks and spoons.

I told this to Nick on our way to dinner and he just chuckled affectionately and said, "You? Getting married? In a church?!? That doesn't sound like you at all."

Which of course made me feel much better about the whole thing.

No comments: