Wednesday, August 08, 2007

where i've been wasting my time today

Yet another harry

Freakonomics the blog: I recently, finally, got around to reading Freakonomics the book, which Chris gave me for Christmas or for my birthday or something or other a few years back. I was thrilled to see that one of the chapters, about why so many crack dealers live at home with their mothers, focused on the research of one Sudhir Venkatesh, once a graduate student at University of Chicago and now a Columbia faculty member for whom we have provided reserves readings. Yay.

The world clock, courtesy of Richard

A tornado hit Brooklyn this morning. Seriously. And apparently the morning commute was hell. It took one of my staff members over five hours to get to work. That's commitment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See! Now you're just blowing my cover...

Emma said...

meaning that you're rap star h-pity in the flesh, a crack dealer living with yo mama, or a l'il ol' tornado? :)