Monday, December 21, 2009

the warm embrace of home...

Mom and I have been discussing cookies lately. As in, would it be okay to not make the cornflake marshmallow holly cookies as long as we make the chocolate crinkle cookies? Can we do away with the peanut-butter Hershey kiss cookies this year if we make a batch of snickerdoodles? Can I still make some mint chocolate chip meringues even though I made them so recently for my library staff, and can we really live without the gingerbread?*

Oh how I love the quibbles and sacrifices of going to my mother's house for Christmas.




*Just for the record, Evan ma
de a batch of gingerbread men tonight, which more than makes up for the lack thereof on Christmas Day.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Say hi to your mom for me! I miss all of you guys' cookies. :D Have a great Christmas!

Ben Bloom said...

Oh, Emily, those peanut butter cookies with Hershey Kisses sound great! How can you do without them . . .

Give all my best to your family. I miss you and hope to see you soon.