Friday, February 25, 2011

just another friday night apocalypse

Watched the series premier of Survivors tonight.  Was thrilled to see Freema Agyeman (of Martha Jones fame), and then equally glad she was killed off in the first half hour -- Martha always did get on my nerves a bit.  Was thrilled to hear Radiohead's Talk Show Host, one of my favorite songs ever since seeing Baz Luhrman's Romeo & Juliet* at the old Worldwide Plaza $2 movie house in midtown.

And of course there's the unstoppable flu pandemic post-apocalypse aspect to it: that wholly irresistible end of the world thing that I just can't seem to get enough of.  (As if it isn't enough I'm reading this during moments of downtime in the midst of jury duty this week.)

Even so, it wasn't very good and I couldn't recommend it, despite my end of the world obsession.



P.S. Once upon a time I could sing (badly) every word to this song.  Now I cannot.  But it still has one of my favorite lines of all time: "Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives, and I decline..."  Always was a stubborn one.

*Also Whatever and #1 Crush, both of which I adored (and years later was wonderfully amused to watch Shirley Manson in an ongoing role on The Sarah Connor Chronicles, which, yeah, I kind of loved.  I mean seriously, who ever imagined Brian Austin Green would grow up to be so damned hot?)

No comments: