Friday, February 10, 2012

quite possibly both

My coffee stand man asked me this morning, after clarifying that I would like only one sugar in my coffee, if I am looking forward to the weekend.  I said yes, very much so.

I must have said it with a bit more force than I'd intended because he looked at me quizzically and said, "Very much so? Any particular plans?"

I mentioned that I would be getting together tomorrow evening with some dear old college friends.  He smiled knowingly and said, "Ahh, wine or whiskey?"

I laughed a little and said, "Well, given how it went the last time we all got together, quite possibly a little bit of both!"

He just laughed in return, and nodded, and said, "They must be very good friends."

They are, and I am looking forward to my Saturday -- a day of knitting on my chuppah commission followed by an evening with these old friends and their spouses and their little ones, filled with funny bits and delicious bits and yes, in the midst of all the revelry, probably a nip of this and a nip of that -- with a bit more than the usual Friday morning anticipatory weekend glee.

No comments: