Monday, November 25, 2013

because mocha

I licked the soap in the shower this morning.

It just smelled so delicious, an irresistible combination of freshly brewed coffee and deep, rich dark chocolate, and the scrubby coffee grounds made me think of dark chocolate covered espresso beans. And so I licked it. Just the teensiest bit, on one corner.

It tasted like soap.

Years ago a boyfriend gave me an expensive jar of sugar honey body scrub and I couldn't help but taste that too. It also tasted like soap. Very sweet soap, yes, but still soap. He, of course, thought I was nuts. So does my current boyfriend, for that matter, when he catches me doing something like this.

I don't have any excuse at all, really, other than a childish compulsion to sometimes put delicious-smelling things in my mouth. (And no, I don't mean that in a dirty way!)

I just couldn't resist licking the soap this morning (as my friend Sarah might say), because mocha.

No comments: