Wednesday, November 27, 2013

post office woes

Went to the post office this morning to mail a package. Handed the postal worker a $20 bill. She looked at it as if it were a two-headed snake, looked back at me and said, "We don't have change today." I thought she was joking. She said, "No, seriously. You'll need to pay with something smaller." I said I didn't have anything smaller. She ripped the stickers off my package and handed it back to me and said, "Come back later then." I asked everyone in the post office if they had change for a twenty, but no one did. Eventually I walked out, utterly dejected, and then remembered the bookstore next door. They were very amused by my tale of postal woe and happily handed over two fives and a ten. I went back to the post office, got back on line, ended up at a different register. It had lots of change.

No comments: