Thursday, July 22, 2010

oh veronica

I confess.  I have been watching an obscene amount of Veronica Mars these last few weeks.  I love rich bad boy Logan and rich good(ish) boy Duncan and sweet best friend Wallace and computer geek Mac and sexy Jackie and dead Lily and even whip-smart (if sometimes incredibly stupid and often incredibly annoying) Veronica.  But most of all, I think, I adore the relationship between Veronica and her father, former local sheriff turned private investigator extraordinaire, Keith Mars.  (So I have a soft spot for bald guys, what can I say?  Luckily for me, this show also sports Francis Capra.)

Also, the music.  Seriously, any show that navigates from 46Bliss (just wait, it gets so good) to  Leonard Cohen to Pete Yorn to  Neko Case to Thievery Corporation to Sia (remixed) to Tegan & Sara to Spoon to dear old M. Doughty, doesn't have an absolutely horrible theme song, has a character who reminds me a little bit of an old friend (and who turns out to be a suicidal psycho killer), and manages to work in Willow, Cordelia, and a Joss Whedon cameo pretty much rocks in my book.

Except that Kristen Bell looked so much hotter (more hot?) with her choppy 'do of the show's early days.  Her latter-day long and golden curls, not so much.

No comments: