Friday, July 02, 2010

travel journals, part VIII

June 15th, 10:53am. Heading east on 84. Stopped to take a gander at the Multnomah Falls and wonder if the huge school of trout swimming so doggedly upstream know what they're in for... * ("Sex!," said Jessica. Though true in its way, this is not what I had in mind...)






























(What those trout are in
for...)






































June 14th, 2:43 pm. Passing through Walla Walla, Washington. Blown away by the austere beauty of the wind-farms lining both the Oregon & Washington banks of the Columbia River. Makes me proud. Listening to the Boss. Evan's patience knows no bounds.** (I'm not the only one who thinks this is one of the most beautiful drives in the world.)

*Italicized bits were Facebook status updates.





































































































(Best-placed rest stop ever, about an hour out of Lewiston





**This drive also entailed me trying to convince Evan to love Frank Black (aka Black Francis), specifically such Black Letter Days songs as California Bound, 21 Reasons, Black Letter Day, Black Rider, & Chip Away Boy. This didn't work out so well. While I still adore dear old Frank, I guess I can kind of get that he might be uniquely appealing to the angsty teenager still lurking in some of us more than in others. Even still, I might have to make Evan give Frank Black a go: Los Angeles, Two Spaces, Czar, Hang On to Your Ego.

No comments: