Friday, January 21, 2011

things that make me happy

Waking up at 12:25am to a text message from my brother saying he's on the plane at PDX and his flight is taking off on time after all.

Waking up at 5:21am to a text message from my brother saying he's landed at JFK. And it's snowing. A lot.

Hearing the downstairs bell ring at 7:30am and then opening the door to find my brother standing in the hallway, tall and tousle-headed and cold, saying, "Do you think I can borrow a scarf? It's colder than I thought."

Having a closet full of scarves.

Leaving for work in bright yellow sunshine under bright blue skies, bright white snow swirling and whirling up in clouds from awnings, trees, the bus, the ground.

Looking forward to drinks at the Rubin after work tonight with dear friends. And my brother. And my boy.

Today is a good, good day.

No comments: