Friday, May 18, 2007

weird day

Andy called unexpectedly yesterday to say he and his girlfriend, whom I have yet to meet, were going to be in town from Pittsburgh and Boston, respectively, for the weekend and would I want to get together? Somehow they are now staying at my apartment tonight, if not for the whole weekend. I, however, will be heading upstate tomorrow afternoon with Ari and Jill to finally visit Cindy & John in their new house. Perhaps Nova will like the company in my absence, and perhaps Andy & Shiry will like having the place to themselves.

I had trouble falling asleep last night, tossing and turning and admonishing Nova for snoring until the wee hours of the morning, and am now reduced to guzzling coffee in the hopes of being awake when Andy arrives around 10, if not when Shiry arrives around 11. Always the wonderful hostess, am I.

There's been a strange little car parked in front of my building the last few days. I finally snapped a shot of it as I stumbled towards the bus stop a little before 7:30 this morning.
















My
junior high school alma mater was in the New York Times today. Not for any good reason, really, but quite an amusing one in its way.

It was graduation at Columbia this week, and Richard, that dear grumpy man, has been bringing flowers into the library that, apparently, graduating students have left behind. On Wednesday it was a bouquet of baby's breath and beautiful pink lilies. Today it was several little white rose boutonnieres, which he and Thaddeus, one of my student workers, valiantly tried to turn into a bouquet, to questionable effect.

No comments: