Sunday, September 02, 2007

odds & ends VI

I dashed out of work early on Friday with my boss's blessing, caught the subway up to Marble Hill so quickly that I ended up on a 4:39 Metro North train instead of the 5:16, and was happily walking home with Cindy from the train station in Cold Spring by 6:05. Had a lovely time with Cindy and John, and am completely blown away by the fact that the next time I see them, they will be parents. And they seem so ready for it, so calm and assured, it's a wonder to behold. That wee little baby's going to be one of the luckiest babies in the world, in my book.

Their house is within walking distance of a great little yarn store, The Knitting Smith, where I, shockingly enough, spent too much money. But I found some absolutely gorgeous yarn. And I felted something, with Cindy's help and generous use of her washing machine, for the first time. Picture to come at a later date, once I decide whether or not to run it through the washer one more time.

Nick and I were discussing the sad state of current television recently, and sorely lamenting the lack of anything Joss Whedon, and he suggested I give Freaks & Geeks a try. I watched the first couple episodes last night, via Netflix of course, and it's pretty fantastic, at least if the uncomfortable high school awkwardness doesn't make you squirm too much.

No comments: