Monday, February 04, 2008

pre-primary blues

I should leave by seven o'clock tomorrow morning to be able to go vote and still get to the library on time to open shop, coffee and newspapers in hand. And you know what? I'm still tearing my hair out (such as it is), still feeling torn about who to vote for, and it's driving me crazy. There was a piece today in Salon that pretty much gave voice to things I've been feeling for awhile now. And yes, I know I said I'd be voting for Obama the other day, and I probably will, but it's a strange, exhilarating feeling to have two people I actually want to vote for, and it's a wickedly delightful feeling to realize that there's probably not one Republican who feels as pleased with their choices as millions of Democrats are feeling tonight.

Andrew Solomon, a dear friend of mine and one of the founding members and masterminds behind ACT NOW NY, has been rallying the troops in support of Obama here in New York these past weeks. A shout out to him, and to Nate, Lenny, Chris, and all the rest of these unbelievably dedicated (if sometimes annoying!) idealists I'm lucky enough to get to spend so much of my time with. So check out this video, if only because Scarlett Johansson looks cute in a recording studio and remember that if you're going to drink, drink liberally.

No comments: