Tuesday, February 12, 2008

quote of the day

I really don't see why the Clinton campaign has its panties in a knot over MSNBC newscaster David Shuster's comments about Hillary pimping out her daughter. I mean, trashing Chelsea has been central to the Republican modus operandi for, oh, fifteen years now -- why should 2008 be any different? What's a little good old-fashioned family values between friends, and if a major Republican candidate for President of the United States of America can do it without consequence, why can't some lowly news anchor?

"Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno."
-John McCain, 1998

In other news, who knew that Patty Hearst was into dog shows?? American Woman, Susan Choi's fictional take on the infamous Symbionese Liberation Army, was a favorite book of mine a few years back.

Lastly, I thought I was down on Valentine's Day this year, but I ain't got nothing on the Saudi Arabian government.

No comments: