Tuesday, August 09, 2011

best fortunes

Back in my Philly days I once got a fortune cookie that saw fit to tell me, "Your next romantic night out is going to be a disaster."  Apparently that particular fortune had an expiration date, and the key to avoiding said disaster was just to not have a romantic night out for a very, very, very long time.

One of my other favorite fortunes ever was this: "It's going to get even weirder."  (No expiration date on this one, at least so far.)

And then there was the one Nick pulled out of his cookie after our last-minute lunch this afternoon.  The one over which he chuckled and then promptly handed over to me: "One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory."

I can't tell you what our conversation up to that point had been about, but I can tell you that the fortune was apt, and that I found myself chuckling too.

No comments: