Saturday, March 22, 2008

cover of the day

One of my favorite Tori songs, as channeled by Evans Blue.

This album, Amos' Boys for Pele, came out during the fall of my sophomore year at Barnard. My best friend and I, being pretty typical overly melodramatic 19 year old girls, loved each other passionately, fought constantly, wrote long convoluted letters of reconciliation, and so on and so forth. Independently of each other, we both dashed off to our nearest music stores the day this album came out and coincidentally the same quote made it's way into each of our letters in the next letter exchange.

building
tumbling down
didn't know our love was so small
couldn't stand at all

As I said, melodramatic. But I stumbled across this cover not too long ago and was amused beyond words by the thought of these scruffy, semi bad ass boys singing, "Boys in their dresses, and you're not here...."

No comments: