Sunday, March 09, 2008

gulliver

Gulliver was the sole reason I ended up with Nova. When Elizabeth and I went to the ASPCA back in March of 2000, it was Gulliver we both fell in love with and wanted to bring home. The people there convinced us to take Nova as well, Gulliver's smaller, quieter, more reticent sibling. When Elizabeth and I parted ways the following year, Gulliver headed west with her and Nova stayed here with me. Given my adoration of Nova, I of course continue to believe that I got the best end of the deal, especially given the ASPCA's duplicity, in that these two cats weren't even related. But it's nice to know that Gulliver had a good life, and it's nice, too, to finally have a picture of him, sent by Elizabeth after our recent catch-up coffee after not seeing each other for seven years.

No comments: