Sunday, August 15, 2010

looking forward, or, come the cold weather

We brunched at Bleu today with neighborhood friends Jessica & Andrew, and Jessica mentioned that she hasn't done much beading in awhile because it's always felt like more of an autumn activity to her than anything else.  I decided that we four should get together for a craft evening sometime once the weather turns, and rather unkindly teased Evan about his lack of a crafty hobby type thing -- to which he logically replied that cooking is his craft and hobby.  (Which, to me, is pretty much ideal.)

So I am already looking forward to the turning of this season into the next, and the leaves first reddening before falling, and an evening of beading and knitting and whittling and cooking, all brought together in my cozy little apartment perched near the northern tip of Manhattan overlooking the Hudson and the sheer cliffs and the rocky woods bordering New Jersey.

And maybe, if I'm lucky and play my cards just so, I'll get another gorgeous little necklace to accompany my first and another adorable little carved owl to be company to my first.  Not to mention an Evan-original delicious and beautiful dinner.

No comments: