Monday, January 07, 2008

videos of the day

I hadn't even heard of TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) until this afternoon, when I saw a link to a speech given by Isabelle Allende at their annual conference last March. I like Isabelle Allende, but my friend Julie adores her. So I thought I better check it out, and send it along to Julie, and indeed it was pretty amazing. And so, it seems, is TED.

While I was on the phone with my mother this evening, call-waiting went off. I ignored it, because damned if I still don't know how to answer call waiting without hanging up on whomever I'm already talking with. But I checked my messages and it was, coincidentally enough, none other than Julie. So I called her back and she said I had to check my email. And lo and behold, another video. Turns out Julie's father made it on to Barack Obama's web site tonight, the eve of the New Hampshire primary.

No comments: